Friday, August 15, 2008

Hello from China!

I have time to sit down and write a few words. All is very well. I didn't have the right adapter for my computer plug (the three pronged one) so I couldn't get on last night or the night before. We also have been having lightning and so we are not supposed to be on internet. But I finally got one from the office today. It is 10:00ish. Edoukou is in bed watching China win in Badmitton. She is having a great time!

We have been in a bus all day looking at places for rent. We drove by many different areas and saw lots of good places. For me, it's all about how close it is to school. Tomorrow we will board a bus again and actually look at some apartments (inside) where we might like to live. Many people can live below their allotment, so I am hoping I can too. Most people want to leave the resort right away because it is hard to live out of a suitcase and my school is 1 hour and 15 minutes away! So the sooner we leave the better.

Everything is going well. The food is excellent! Haven't had anything bad yet. Edoukou is trying lots of new foods and enjoying them, although I don't k ow if it was the bus ride or the hot day or the Dairy Queen blizzard (yes, you read that right!) but she threw up when we got hoome last night. She is quite the trooper. We found DQ in this beautiful old part of town. I will try to send pics this weekend. Today someone said they saw two more!

There are McDonalds adn Starbucks on every corner! I'm not exagerating! Mainly in the tourist and ex-pat places. It is amazing. We haven't used their facilities yet, but we did eat at Subway in a mall and Edoukou had a blizzard.

Edoukou is fast asleep now. We have been on the go since we got here. We also have been swimming at the pool, which helps us sleep esy at night! She will get on the computer this weekend and probably tell you all about how awful it is!!!! She met a 6th grade girl from New Zealand, but they are not exactly each others cup of tea. They will be goihng to different schools anyway. WE bought Edoukou's uniform today. Lots of good skirts and shirts, jacket and dress pants and even a winter coat and PE outfit! They have to have clothes for all seasons.

There are about 7 Americans (all from the west coast, 2 Cali, 2 Oregon and the others I don't remember, 5 New Zealanders (3 of them were in Japan teachng at an International School), one other family from Australia and the rest from Singapore. All very nice people. The Singapore people speak English and Chinese or Malay depending on where their parents are from (China or Malaysia).

Well, I have to get up early tomorrow, so I need to go. I should have more time this weekend to send pics and write more. I will try to get skype this weekend also.
Nihao (Hello in Chinese, haven't learned bye yet!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment